Dental Implants – Whiting, IN
Replacement Teeth That Look & Function Like Natural
Dental implants in Whiting are a modern solution for missing teeth. They’re able to restore the roots as well as the visible portion of teeth, allowing them to function and look completely natural. Their design also distinguishes them from traditional tooth replacement options that primarily offer aesthetic benefits. To learn if you’re a good candidate for this advanced dental treatment, schedule a consultation today with our dental implant specialist at United Dental Centers of Whiting!
Why Choose United Dental Centers of Whiting for Dental Implants?
- Highly Experienced Periodontist on Staff
- Start-to-Finish Dental Implant Treatment
- Locally Owned & Operated Dental Practice
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants themselves are small titanium posts that are placed below the gumline to restore the missing root structure of teeth. Due to their biocompatibility, they’re able to fuse with the bone through a natural process called osseointegration, which takes place in the following three to six months after surgery. Once the gums have healed and the implants have fused with the bone, our team can secure lifelike replacement teeth to the unwavering foundation.
The 4-Step Dental Implant Process
- During the consultation, our team will examine the mouth and X-rays to determine whether dental implants are right for you. We’ll walk you through a treatment plan, so you know exactly what to expect as well as provide you with a cost estimate.
- Our in-house periodontist will place your implants by making a small incision into the gumline and securing them in the bone.
- Over the next three to six months after your implants have been placed, they’ll fuse with the jawbone through a process called osseointegration. Once this is complete and your gums have healed, we’ll secure a small metal connector piece onto the implants, called an abutment.
- As soon as we receive your custom prosthetics from our dental laboratory, we’ll call you back in to secure them to the abutments and complete your smile.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer a wide array of benefits that distinguish them from other solutions for missing teeth, like traditional dentures and bridges. Some advantages of choosing dental implants include:
- Restored bite power by up to 80%.
- Improved eating and speaking abilities.
- Little-to-no dietary limitations.
- Natural looking and feeling replacement teeth.
- Boosted confidence.
- Prevention of jawbone deterioration.
- Preservation of facial structure.
- Improved oral and overall health.
Who Dental Implants Can Help
Typically, our team recommends dental implants in Whiting for patients who have enough jawbone density to support the osseointegration process and who have good oral health. However, if you don’t automatically meet these requirements, we can recommend preparatory treatments like gum disease therapy, bone grafting, and more to help get you there so you can enjoy dental implants.
Missing One Tooth
To restore a single missing tooth, we’ll likely place one dental implant in the gap in your smile below the gumline. Once it has fused with the bone, we can secure a customized dental crown atop the implant to fill the gap.
Missing Multiple Teeth
Instead of altering the structure of your natural teeth to accommodate a traditional dental bridge, we can secure a bridge to two dental implants placed on either side of the gap in your smile. These will act as the abutments for the prosthetic, making restoring consecutive missing teeth less invasive and more stable.
Missing All of Your Teeth
For an entire row of missing teeth, we can place anywhere from four to six dental implants along the arch. These will secure a denture in place, eliminating any instability and making basic tasks like eating and speaking easier and more effective.
All-on-4 Dental Implants
If teeth have been missing for some time before you decide to get them replaced, or you received a traditional denture, causing your bone to deteriorate, our team can place a complete denture on four strategically anchored dental implants. This eliminates the need for a bone graft for some patients, making the tooth replacement process more streamlined.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Implants
The cost of dental implants in Whiting is dependent on a variety of factors that are unique to your tooth loss situation. Based on our findings during your initial examination, we’ll determine how many dental implants you need, what type of restoration you require, and whether you require any preparatory procedures. All of these details will factor into the overall cost of your dental implant treatment. We’ll then provide you with a detailed estimate and discuss your payment options with you.
Preliminary Treatments & Dental Implant Surgery
Procedures such as tooth extractions, bone grafting, and gum disease therapy are essential for the success of your dental implants, but they can increase the overall cost. Fortunately, these services are often partially covered by insurance. Additionally, you'll have a separate cost for the implant surgery itself. At our practice, we streamline the entire process under one roof, providing you with a consolidated and straightforward fee structure instead of multiple payments to different providers.
The Parts of Your Dental Implant
The total cost of dental implants is influenced by several key factors:
- Number of Implants – The number of implants required varies depending on your specific needs. Typically, one implant is used to replace a single tooth, while a row of teeth may require two implants, and an entire arch often necessitates four or more implants.
- Type of Restoration – The cost of your restoration (i.e., crowns, bridges, or dentures) varies based on its size and complexity. Smaller restorations tend to be more budget-friendly.
- Material – Implants can be made from different materials, with titanium being the most common. However, zirconia implants are an alternative, and their choice can affect the overall cost.
- Brand – Various manufacturers produce dental implants tailored to different patient needs. The brand of implant we recommend can influence your final cost, and we're happy to discuss the specific brand and any unique benefits associated with it.
Feel free to ask us about the source of your implant and any brand-specific advantages during your consultation. We're here to provide you with the information you need to make informed decisions about your treatment.
How Dental Implants Can Save You Money
Although dental implants in Whiting may initially be more expensive, their exceptional benefits make them a worthwhile investment. One of the significant advantages is their long-lasting nature. With proper care, dental implants can endure a lifetime, potentially saving you money in the long run. Additionally, they stimulate your jawbone, preventing deterioration, and preserving your facial appearance while safeguarding against further tooth loss.
Does My Dental Insurance Cover Dental Implants?
Usually, dental insurance does not provide coverage for dental implants. However, some aspects of the procedure, such as your consultation, addressing preexisting dental issues, and a portion of your restorations, might be eligible for coverage under your specific dental insurance plan. Our welcoming team is dedicated to helping you make the most of your insurance benefits to ensure you receive high-quality and cost-effective dental care.
Making Dental Implants Affordable
Don't have dental insurance? No need to stress! We provide alternative financing options through CareCredit, allowing you to select from low-to-no-interest financing plans with manageable monthly payments. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us for more information! We're excited to help you in getting dental implants at affordable rates that suit your financial situation.